As an insurance agency, the crush of incoming email is everywhere, and sometimes, just staring at the mountain of messages in your inbox can seem overwhelming.
Here are five steps to clear away the clutter in your inbox:
- Unsubscribe from emails that don’t contribute to your professional goals. It may seem easier to simply hit the little trash can icon when you open an unwanted email, but if you really want to cut down on clutter take the extra few seconds to unsubscribe from non-business-related lists like shopping alerts.
- Play the Email Game. The Email Game is a surprisingly addictive beat-the-clock app that syncs with your Gmail account, opening emails one at a time and then timing you as you deal with them one by one.
- Stop sending emails to your colleagues. Escalate action on important matters by doing it the old-fashioned way – walking over to their desk or meeting for lunch or coffee.
- Use texts and IMs. It can cut down on inbox clutter and can produce faster results.
- Cut out the email filing system and keep all emails in your inbox. Use search instead for faster results.
Want to learn more about productivity? The American Agents Alliance, a national insurance association can help with sales & marketing, social media, access to carriers, and more. Sign up for our monthly newsletter for lots of ideas and tips.