Your time is valuable. It makes sense, then, to maximize every minute you spend at work. One way to do that is by becoming a member of a professional organization that has a membership value proposition you benefit from.
There are many groups and organizations competing for your time and attention, so you need to review your options carefully. Here are some ways to maximize your time and get the most value from your professional membership.
Ways to Maximize Value With Your Professional Organization Membership
Independent agents and brokers have specific professional development and training needs. And these often differ from people with other roles in the industry. Claims adjusters, IT professionals, and underwriters require specific ongoing development, and so do independent agents and brokers.
One way to get the most value for your time and effort is by joining a professional organization with a robust membership value proposition designed for independent agents and brokers. While you may find some value in a general organization, the most value lies in groups geared specifically for agents and brokers.
Independent agents and brokers have different goals, motivations, and challenges compared with captive agents and others in the insurance ecosystem. By joining a niche professional organization, you benefit from:
- A vast peer group to network with comprised of other successful independent agents and brokers located around the country. This group knows your struggles and supports your wins since they face the same ones.
- Discounts on business services and support to help run your agency. Professional membership groups designed for independent agents and brokers understand you are running an agency while also servicing your policyholders, selling insurance, working renewals, and keeping the lights on.
- Help with challenges and needs common to independent agents and brokers. You need customized services to help build and run your agency, like discounts on exclusive lead generation and nurturing programs.
- Educational resources for independent insurance agents and brokers to earn continuing education credits. In addition to maintaining your license, taking courses geared toward agent and broker issues can help you learn and become a better agent. Consumers often want to work with agents and brokers who value ongoing education.
- Conferences that allow you time to meet colleagues in person while recharging in beautiful venues. The best professional membership organizations offer in-person value with seminars, CE credit, and fun networking through golf outings and other recreational events.
The Hidden Value of Membership Organizations
For independent agents and brokers, the hidden value of membership organizations is simple: use all the resources the organization has to offer. Go to the annual conference, network with colleagues, and take advantage of member discounts.
You can even take your participation a step further by submitting a proposal to speak at an event, join as an exhibitor, or sponsor an activity. Getting more involved with a professional membership organization for agents and brokers is a great way to develop and grow your personal brand — and make new connections.
Become a member of the American Agents Alliance today. Experience for yourself how membership in an organization designed specifically for independent agents and brokers can empower you to thrive.