Cybersecurity: it sounds intimidating and specialized. Many people don't know how to start protecting themselves from the countless threats that exist in the online world.
Call for Presentations is Now Open
All submissions for the 2018 American Agents Alliance Convention & Expo will be accepted until April 1, 2018. Submissions are reviewed by a selected panel. All applicants will be notified of their acceptance status by email in late June. All speakers selected must register for the convention, be a credentialed exhibitor, and/or be affiliated with an exhibiting company and attending expressly to present a session. Preference will be given to insurance conference sponsors, exhibitors, CA CE-approved courses, and to the relevance of your presentation to our membership.
Presentations must be insurance industry specific. Presentations focused on commercial lines are in demand and will be given additional consideration.
You can download the application here.
Those submitting presentations will be asked to provide a session title (8 words or less), session description (50 words or less), learning objectives (3), learning level, session format and a brief speaker biography (150
Submission and general information:
- Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed.
- A letter of acceptance will be emailed in late June 2018.
- Presenters may not use any conference presentation to market products or services; exhibit space is available for that purpose.
- If accepted, presenters must register for the conference and pay the appropriate registration fee as an attendee or as an exhibitor.
- Presenters who are not registered attendees or exhibitors will be considered if they are affiliated with an exhibiting company and coming expressly to present a session. No honorarium or travel expense reimbursement will be provided for any presenter submitting through the “Call for Presentations.”
- The standard audio/visual equipment provided by Alliance includes a projector package (i.e. projector, screen, power supply, VGA connecting cables and table for equipment.) Speakers must bring their own laptops to connect to provided projector. TV/VCRs, phone lines, internet connections, or other equipment will NOT be provided. If needed, it will be the responsibility of the presenter(s) to make arrangements and provide payment for such equipment. Presenters must also bring a back-up copy of his/her presentation on a flash drive and are responsible for their own handouts.
- For CE courses, presenters are responsible for all recording and reporting of attendance.
- Alliance reserves the right to combine sessions and to make decisions with respect to presenters.
- Submitting an idea for a session that is accepted for presentation represents a commitment to develop and deliver an educational session that is informative, relevant and useful.
- Submission of a presentation does not guarantee placement on the schedule until you have received written confirmation of your selection from Alliance.
For more information:
Stacy Lowrance, CMP
American Agents Alliance Convention Manager
Fax: (916) 682-7463 | Office: (916) 681-8699