So, maybe you’ve set up your social media accounts, and maybe you haven’t. And I’m sure you’ve heard how important it is to be active on Facebook, Twitter, and GooglePlus.
Did you know just how impactful social media participation could be for your agency? Consider this: our agency has seen some amazing results from partnering with nonprofits to boost our social media outcomes.
Here’s how to do it:
- Choose a nonprofit or organization such as a hospital that has good visibility and brand recognition in your area.
- Implement a fundraising campaign that involves donating a dollar or more to the nonprofit of your choice when a person likes your agency’s Facebook page or follows your agency on Twitter or adds your agency on GooglePlus.
- Set the campaign for a specific period of time, such as 3 to 6 months.
- Tell the nonprofit you’re donating to about the campaign. The nonprofit will most likely reach out to its member base to let them know to go to your agency’s social media account and take the desired action to raise funds for the organization.
- . The results could be up to 1,000 new followers or more, which is 1,000 new people to communicate with. Just the exposure alone to a new base of prospects could help to brand your agency in your local community. This is a good strategy to take to not only get more followers and exposure but also donate to a good cause as well. It’s a win-win!
About the Author: Dan Noltensmeyer is CEO of Noltensmeyer Insurance Services LLC, a fully licensed property and casualty and life and health insurance agency located in the heart of Houston, Texas. Noltensmeyer got his MBA from Texas A&M University in Corpus Christi, Texas. His agency specializes in personal lines such as Texas car insurance and business insurance as well.