Do you ever feel overwhelmed by all you have to do? Then you may need to develop a better strategy for managing your time. Better time management can help you be more productive and less stressed. Here are five tips to get you started:
- Make a to-do list. End each day by making a list of the tasks you want to accomplish the next day, then review it when you get to work each morning.
- Prioritize the list. Put must-do items first, followed by items that require more of your energy. Leave less important, easier-to-accomplish items for the hours after lunch. Be realistic – if your list is very long, understand that really unimportant items may need to be postponed until later in the week.
- Focus on individual tasks before undertaking them. Writing down steps to take or points to make during a phone call or meeting can improve efficiency and yield better results.
- Take notes throughout your day. Consider carrying a small notebook, use an app on your phone or a digital voice recorder to record ideas or tasks that come up during your day. Then transfer those items to your to-do list or idea file at the end of the day.
- Schedule social time. Avoid distractions and stay on task by setting aside specific times for returning phone calls, reading and returning emails and scanning social sites.
Time management is a popular topic among agents and brokers. Get more tips to help you increase your own productivity by visiting the American Agents Alliance website today.