“Video? You’ve got to be kidding! Someone at American Agents Alliance must be nuts!”
Hold on just a minute. Just because you’ve never done it before, doesn’t mean it can’t be done. Nor does it mean that it shouldn’t be done. Orville and Wilbur Wright had a pretty decent bicycle business going before they decided to go where no man had gone before. It’s time to follow their lead.
Statistics about Video Marketing that Will Blow Your Mind
Despite our innate bent toward using “traditional” marketing methods, which by now includes the internet, there are almost always some highly effective methods that go unused or even unnoticed for their proven effectiveness. Video marketing is one of those. Consider just a few mind-blowing statistics that prove the point:
- YouTube is the second most used search engine in the world.
- One-third of all online activity is spent watching a video.
- Three-quarters of all business executives watch work-related videos at least once a week.
- Nearly 60% of executives surveyed said they prefer to watch a video than to read text.
- Three fourths of video viewers visit a business’s website after watching one of their videos.
- Real estate listings that feature videos generate more than four times the leads than online listings without videos. Is it possible that could apply to insurance?
- When videos are included in emails, click-through rates increase by 200-300% and opt-out rates decline by 75%
- Only 20% of website visitors read the entire page content on a website, but a whopping 80% watch videos from start to finish! (The video viewers get the whole message.)
- More video content is uploaded every 30 days than all the content created by ABC, CBS, and NBC in the last 30 years!
- It is 50 times easier to get a page-one ranking on Google when a video is included on a website.
- Video improves brand association by 139% and purchase intent by 97%.
Steps to a Mind-Blowing Video Marketing Campaign
- Start now. You can be amazed at the stats. You can even be awestruck, but until you act and apply video marketing, your agency will never reap the rewards. The best time to start is now.
- Develop a strategy. Like any other part of a sound business plan, a well-conceived strategy is a must, and it must support your overall plan.
- Develop a schedule. Create and post videos on a scheduled basis, but include them in every edition of your email newsletter.
- KISS. While the traditional meaning of the acronym applies, in this case, it also means Keep It Short, you-know-who. It’s surprising how much can be said in one minute. That would be a good start (and finish).
- Get on camera. You are the face of your agency. Look straight into the camera. The viewers will feel as though you are looking them straight in the eyes.
- Include a call to action. Don’t forget to make it clear how to contact your agency. That would go something like the following:
Video has become one of the most powerful and effective marketing tools on the internet. It is a tool that independent insurance agents should be using. Don’t abandon your current marketing plan. Improve it with video.