Regional Vice President, Business Development - AIX
The Hanover Insurance Group
AIX is seeking a Regional Vice President, Business Development to join a team of experienced professionals in the Pacific/West region (California, Dallas, TX, Chicago, IL, or Denver, CO)
With a broad appetite for program business, AIX Group is one of the leading specialty insurers in the United States. We have decades of successful experience writing program business, with a diversified portfolio that continues to expand. Rated A “Excellent” (A XIV) by A.M. Best Company, AIX offers a financially secure and broadly capable platform for the best agents.
While our capabilities allow us to offer a wide array of solutions, AIX is discerning when it comes to its target partners. Since forming the company in 2005, we have deliberately built a portfolio of business partners that are recognized as the best-in-class. These partners have a proven track record of success and value long-term program placement. They are recognized as leaders in their fields and, in partnering with them, AIX helps to improve their product offerings, operations and most importantly, their financial returns.
AIX is a proud member of The Hanover Insurance Group. Over the course of its 160-year history, The Hanover has established one of the longest and proudest records in the industry. Today, The Hanover, one of the most trusted names in insurance, is ranked among the top 25 Property and Casualty insurance carriers in the industry, has over 5,000 employees, serves more than 1.5 million policyholders worldwide, and has over 30 branch offices.
Reporting to the Regional President in the West, this individual will be responsible for driving the business development and marketing efforts of our AIX program business. This will be achieved through the promotion of AIX capabilities with our potential clients. The Regional Vice President will prioritize and effectively manage generating new leads and driving the sales process and proactively soliciting business from key partners. The ideal candidate is expected to maintain a thorough understanding and knowledge of our AIX portfolio offerings to sell the unique features our products.
- Work with AIX Regional President and Hanover Field Leaders (Regional Presidents and RVPs) to develop territorial marketing plans for AIX program business.
- Prospect potential clients consistent with our distribution strategy.
- Drive and coordinate client visits.
- Lead business development discussions with assigned clients to promote AIX capabilities.
- Partner with field leadership to develop and cultivate new relationships.
- Partner with leadership on strategic planning.
- Lead various marketing campaigns.
- Facilitate and lead sales team meetings.
- Maintain and control client database, organizing prospect, and providing timely execution of client reports.
- Develop strong client relationships through active engagement in sales and outside activities
- Negotiation of vendor contracts as needed
- Travel as required, 25-50%
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Key Measures of Success:
- Development of programs and lead generation
- Achieved business results
- Identification of AIX books of business
- Progress with pipeline development
Skills and Experience:
- BS degree or equivalent preferred
- Minimum six years Commercial Lines or Program Underwriting
- Minimum six years insurance sales and marketing experience
- Familiar with Reinsurance and the Reinsurance Community
- Proven ability to develop business results and build internal and external relationships
- Highly developed communication skills including both written and verbal communications
- Ability to sell AIX’s value proposition to Clients
- Proven success with working in a highly matrixed organization
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Influencing without authority
- Communication & relationship building
- Executive presence
- Ability to foster teamwork and collaboration
- Judgment & decision making
- Drive & execution
Benefits to joining The Hanover’s team:
- Competitive pay and benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, generous time off with pay and adoption assistance
- Retirement/401(k) program, including 100 percent company match up to first six percent of pay
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) with 10 percent discount on company stock
- Wellness programs, including non-smoker discount, weight loss programs and one-on-one counseling
- Employee development/education assistance and professional/industry designation programs and reimbursement
The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc. (NYSE: THG), based in Worcester, Mass., is the holding company for a group of insurers that includes The Hanover Insurance Company, also based in Worcester, Citizens Insurance Company of America, headquartered in Howell, Michigan, Chaucer Holdings PLC, based in London and their affiliates.
The Hanover offers a wide range of property and casualty products and services to businesses, individuals, and families through a select group of independent agents across the U.S., and has been meeting its obligations to its agent partners and their customers for over 160 years. The company maintains excellent ratings from A.M. Best, Standard & Poor’s and Moody’s.
Nearest Major Market: Orange County
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Underwriter, Business Development, Outside Sales, Executive, Insurance, Sales, Management
To apply, click here http://jobs.hanover.com/talentcommunity/apply/284582400/?locale=en_US#tracked
“The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
The Hanover Insurance Group does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. The Hanover Insurance Group will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed "Employment Agency Agreement" already on file with Human Resources - The Office of Talent Management.
Job DetailsPosting Open 09-04-2015 - 10-04-2015
Pay Type: Unspecified
Full/Part Time: Contract
Employment Type: Regular
The Hanover Insurance Group
Back to the Marketplace