At the American Agents Alliance, we are independent insurance agents ourselves. We understand your risks, and our E&O insurance program provides the coverage you need.
E&O Program Advantages:
- "A" Rated, admitted carrier
- Special rates for new agents - as low as $650
- Cyber liability extension included at no additional cost
- Employment practices wrongful termination liability coverage option available
- Affordable premiums
- Convenient monthly payment options
- No aggregate program limit
- No charge for support staff
- First dollar defense; deductible applies to damages only
- Defense costs outside the limit of liability – Subject to a cap of $1M
- Limits up to $3M each claim / $5M aggregate each agency
- Deductible waiver endorsement available after participating in program for 3 years
- Discount for agencies with 50% or more staff who maintain CIC designations
E&O Insurance: What You Need to Know to Protect Yourself
As an insurance agent in today's world, E&O insurance is one of the wisest investments you can make in your professional and personal financial security. Just like the business and personal insurance products you sell every day, E&O insurance helps you manage the day-to-day risks of your life, and specifically your business, by providing critical protection if a claim of negligence or failure to perform is filed against you.
Let's face it: No matter how careful we are, each of us makes mistakes from time to time, and sometimes, those mistakes can be incredibly costly.
A comprehensive E&O insurance policy can cover a broad range of potential risks, including:
- Damages from actual or alleged negligence and failure to perform
- Costs of defense against claims
- Claims from services you provided in the past
But I'm always careful.
Unfortunately, errors in the insurance industry are not that uncommon, and sometimes, they can occur for reasons that are difficult or impossible to predict, no matter how scrupulous you are during the sales process. Because insurance is designed to be customized to each consumer's needs, it relies on careful observation and questioning – and sometimes, a little detective work – to identify all the potential risks for any given client. After all, clients are not experts in insurance; they rely on you to provide them with the complete coverage they need, and that often includes coverage for risks they might not realize they have – and may fail to mention when discussing their needs with you.
Of course, no insurance agent is clairvoyant, but when it comes to failure to perform, the latitude for interpretation can be alarmingly broad. And that means you can leave yourself open to a claim if a client suffers a loss that isn't covered under their policy. Just take a look at our blog for some unsettling examples of claims that were settled in favor of the clients and take a look at the financial consequences for the agents who were involved, and it becomes pretty obvious just how critical it is to have adequate E&O to protect your own assets.
Getting the right coverage at the right cost.
At American Agents Alliance, we work with insurance agents just like you every day, and we're always looking for new ways to provide the most comprehensive protection at the most competitive prices. We understand how the insurance landscape is changing, both for the agents and for the clients they serve, and the insurance coverage options we offer are constantly evolving to meet those changing needs for the best E&O coverage available. Our policies for agents and agencies provide coverage for damages up to $3 million per individual claim and $5 million per agency aggregate claim, and we also provide coverage for the costs of your legal defense, starting with the first dollar you spend and even extending