Did you know?
2014 Alliance Convention & Expo CE Instructor Jon Persky authored a new book available through The National Alliance for Insurance Education and Research. It’s The Complete Guide to Starting, Buying, Selling & Perpetuating Insurance Agencies.
Acquire the material you need for:
- Starting an agency from scratch
- Buying an agency that is a good fit for your existing agency
- Selling your agency at the right time for the right price
- Perpetuating your agency to fund retirement
Gain the advice of a consultant to:
- Review your agency and plan for how you are going to grow in the future
- Purchase an agency to gain economies of scale, add new carriers, and acquire employees
- Understand the complex issues related to selling an insurance agency
- Successfully perpetuate your agency for your family, employees, clients and carriers
- Written by an insurance agency consultant with decades of experience: Jon Persky, CPA, CIC, PHR
- Survey results from nearly 400 insurance agency owners, focusing on acquisition and perpetuation
Members of the American Agents Alliance get a discount on books purchased through The National Alliance for Insurance Education and Research. Simply log in to our website with your username and password and visit our educational page here for the coupon code. Additionally, Jon offers agency consulting services to our members at a discount. You can learn more about his services here.
About the author:
Jon Persky graduated from Duquesne University, holds an MBA in Finance from the University of Pittsburgh, is a Certified Public Accountant, a Certified Insurance Counselor, and a Professional in Human Resources. He has spent the majority of his professional career in the insurance industry in positions such as Controller, Chief Financial Officer, and Personnel Director. The agencies Jon has been associated with range from a large commercial lines agency to a 35 location non-standard specialty auto agency. As a national faculty member of the Society of Certified Insurance Counselors for over 20 years, Jon is the Society’s exclusive lecturer on Perpetuations, Mergers & Acquisitions, and Agency valuations. He facilitates these topics as well as many others at Graduate Studies Ruble Seminars and Agency Management Institutes countrywide. We’re excited to have Jon teaching at the 2014 Alliance Convention & Expo. You won’t want to miss his continuing education courses!