There’s no doubt about it: Goal-setting is an important tool for getting where you want to be, both in your personal and your professional life. It can also be an amazing tool for helping you take your entire insurance agency to the next level of success and productivity. Why? Because if you state your goals correctly, they can help turn intangible ideas into action steps. Many people make the mistake of thinking that goal-setting simply means writing down a list of things you’d like to accomplish. And while that’s a great start, to really reach those goals, you need to break them down into simpler, smaller steps that can be acted on in sequence to get you to the end goal. Setting goals for an agency is more involved than setting goals for yourself. Here are some tips:
- Ask for input when developing goals. This increases agent buy-in and also can identify areas for improvement you may have overlooked.
- Brainstorm specific steps needed to reach each goal.
- Assign people to complete those steps and report back with their results.
- Make sure you meet regularly or develop an email chain to keep updated on goal-related activities.
- Celebrate and offer plenty of praise when goals are reached.
For more ideas on setting goals, increasing productivity and other management tips, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll keep you up to date on insurance industry news and announcements.