Reaching insurance customers online is not as hard as you may think. “If you build it, they will come.” However, it is harder to reach visitors that may turn into actual customers that use your services. That’s why it may make sense to create a locally-based campaign.
With a product like insurance, many people like to work with an agency that is based nearby. That way they can always go by the office and talk with you if they have any questions. As such, a locally based marketing campaign is an important addition to your existing marketing methods.
Methods of Local Marketing
Advertising and marketing locally is easier than you may think. Consider these ways that you can reach that local audience.
- Utilize locally relevant keywords to boost your SEO. When you create web content, consider the use of keywords that have a local slant to them. For instance, instead of targeting the keyword “affordable car insurance,” you may target the keyword “affordable car insurance Houston.”
- Take advantage of free local marketing tools. Websites like Foursquare, Yelp and Google Places are all free resources where you can get your name out to local customers. Make sure you are listed and that your information is up to date.
- Use social media to reach nearby customers. Build social media profiles and encourage your current customers to connect with you on these mediums. Not only will you have a connection with these customers, you may reach others in their circles that are likely to be located nearby.
- Make your site and other assets are mobile-friendly. Many people search for nearby businesses using their smartphones, tablets or other devices. A simple way to appeal to nearby clients is by making your website easy-to-access on these popular devices.
- Get the most out of your paid advertising. You can do this by targeting some or all of your ads to the customers in a certain geographical area. For instance, it doesn’t make sense to display your ad to customers located in another country halfway around the world.