Beyond the shifts that have occurred because of COVID-19, the business landscape is always continually evolving. Help your clients stay ahead of the risk curve by advising them on strategies to address five emerging risks that touch just about every industry.
1. Availability of Marketplace Capital
Markets have less capital available to insure a risk and are being much more selective around what risks they’ll accept and underwrite – factoring in rates, geographic location, and terms offered. Brokers should be on top of their game when taking clients’ risks to market.
EXAMPLE: Many markets are not underwriting wind insurance currently.
2. Climate Change and Its Impact on Property Losses
Weather-related losses due to events like hurricanes, floods, and hailstorms are causing increases in premiums and deductibles – and potentially a reduction in capacity – and are changing the way brokers service and retain their business.
EXAMPLE: From a property loss standpoint, the five costliest wildfires in history and three of the costliest hurricanes have occurred in the last two years.
3. Cyber Vulnerabilities & Everything We Don’t Understand
The insurance market is driven by technology. And while it’s commonplace for large corporations to purchase cyber protection, many smaller businesses and organizations don’t consider the multiple risks and costs involved with a cyber breach. Agents should push for clients to consider appropriate protection against cyber risks and vulnerabilities.
EXAMPLE: A visitor to a medical clinic steals a laptop containing names, medical records, social security numbers, and insurance information for 5,500 patients.
4. Rising D&O Rates
Recent “event-driven” litigation has significantly increased the rate of D&O liability insurance, as C-Suite executives want to protect themselves from any workplace allegations. Agents should always stay in tune with current events and counsel their clients appropriately.
EXAMPLES: The #MeToo movement; major cyber breaches.
5. Steady Increase of EPL Claims
The traditional office has changed dramatically – and so have employment practices liability risks that employers face. The number of EPL claims has increased sharply and for a variety of reasons, including social movements.
EXAMPLE: Employees sue employers for discrimination, harassment, failure to promote, and many other reasons.
How Aon Programs Can Support You & Foster Growth
It’s one thing to help your clients identify the special risks they face; quite another to bring them quality specialty risk solutions of value. Aon Programs offers brokers and agents the ability to advance your knowledge of specialty risks by industry, with the goal of helping you grow your business.
Aon Programs offers you industry insights and expertise across ten distinct industries, enabling you to offer clients specialty risk coverages that are customized to their needs.
A recognized leader in specialty placements, Aon Programs gives agents immediate access to 300+ specialty programs – with no volume commitments or prior appointments needed. Brokers who work with Aon Programs enjoy competitive commissions and exceptional service. Our proprietary programs give you a competitive edge in these industries/areas:
- Sports, Leisure & Entertainment – K&K Insurance
- Community Associations – Ian H. Graham (IHG)
- Healthcare Practices & Providers – Affinity Healthcare
- Nonprofit Organizations – Affinity Nonprofits
- Private Flood Insurance – Aon Edge
- Commercial Catastrophe and Real Estate Coverages – Insurmark
- Fine Arts & Musical Instruments – Huntington T. Block (HTB)
- Attorneys & Law Firms – Aon Attorneys Advantage
- Residential and Commercial Mortgage Lenders & Investors – Bankers Insurance Service
- Travel Agents & Tour Operators – Aon Travel Professionals Liability Insurance
To learn more about Aon Programs and how our solutions can help your clients with their risk challenges, please visit www.aonprograms.com.
Aon Programs: Strength In Numbers
- 300+ Professions Served
- 100+ Carrier Relationships
- 300+ Sponsor Relationships
- $850M+ Premium Volume
- 18K+ Broker Relationships