Is improving your insurance marketing on your agency’s to-do list? While it’s not always simple to change or add to the way you market your business, growing your web presence is one proven way to strengthen your marketing. When you connect to other organizations through links, you can improve your ability to reach new audiences.
Upgrading Your SEO
SEO or search engine optimization essentially helps you get found online. You want prospective clients to look for insurance agencies in your area and discover your business. While not all new business comes through web searches, improving your SEO can still improve your bottom line.
There are many ways to improve SEO, such as using keywords that match what your audience is most likely to search for. However, links are another excellent way to add credibility to your website, at least in the eyes of the search engine algorithms that determine how search results are ranked.
According to Deep Crawl, “search engines work by crawling hundreds of billions of pages using their own web crawlers…A search engine navigates the web by downloading web pages and following links on these pages to discover new pages that have been made available.”
The Benefits of Backlinks
Your insurance agency probably gets plenty of referrals because satisfied clients tell others to go and visit your business. Think of online links as a similar referral, only online. When another website links to you and when you link to another website, this is an online show of confidence. A link to an external website is called a backlink.
When someone writes about and refers to your business but does not add a link, this can still be valuable. However, it’s much more beneficial if that person connects back to your website: according to Moz, “followed backlinks from trustworthy, popular, high-authority sites are considered the most desirable backlinks to earn, while backlinks from low-authority, potentially spammy sites are typically at the other end of the spectrum.”
You need your backlinks to add credibility, rather than subtract from it.
How to Get High-Quality Backlinks
How can you get great sites to link to your website? Here are some of the best ways.
- You can link to their website. If you’re creating a list of businesses in your town, for instance, you can create links to those businesses and let them know that you have added them to your list.
- Create a valuable resource. This could be a blog, an infographic, or video content. Developing exceptional content makes people want to link to your website.
- Create guest articles on other websites. These sites will generally allow you to link to your website in your bio.
- Focus on promoting your content through Google Ads and social media. Reach out specifically to other companies that might appreciate your content and see if they are interested in linking to it.
- Write about other companies and products, providing content and testimonials for their websites. Make sure that they refer to you using a link back to your agency.
While diligent work on your SEO may not lead to immediate results, over time it will expand the reach of your business. Prepare to expand your insurance marketing this year. At American Agents Alliance, we provide SEO services, cross-marketing, and more. Contact us and check out our many membership benefits.