How can your insurance agency generate new leads and turn them into clients? That is the perennial question of insurance agencies when they discuss marketing, but it’s especially critical during times when your clients may be dealing with job loss, forest fires, and pandemic uncertainty. California clients have specific needs when it comes to insurance, and as a California insurance provider, the more you can do to personalize your insurance marketing, the better you will be at reaching your leads effectively.
The Importance of Personalized Insurance Marketing
Why is it important to understand the needs of your California-based leads? Better knowledge allows you to personalize your insurance marketing efforts, allowing you to:
- Target specific audiences
- Create more personalized content
- Address worries and barriers
- Build stronger relationships
- Get more referrals
- Increase your conversion rate
According to Constant Contact, “Personalization is all about doing things to serve your customer first.”
Understanding Your California Insurance Clients
When you’re reaching out to insurance clients in California, what are some of their specific needs? There are a few insurance trends in California that your leads will likely be curious about.
- Fire insurance is a huge need and worry for California residents. From brush fires to large-scale fires, home damage due to fire is becoming a big concern for California residents. They need to hear from you about the types of insurance that you can offer and the details of that insurance, such as whether it covers small and large fires.
- Specific regulations around vehicles and trends in the vehicle market continue to impact California. For example, according to the CNCDA , “Electric vehicle sales continue to experience growth, up about one percent from this time last year, from 4.7 percent to 5.6 percent of total market share.”
- Affordability in housing remains a large trend in California, which has a lower rate of home ownership than other states. This impacts both the financial capacity of homeowners and trends in the rental markets.
Building Stronger Relationships with California Leads
How can you build stronger relationships with your leads in California?
- Make sure that your insurance marketing messages address the above concerns, when appropriate.
- Create marketing and educational materials focused on these areas.
- Get your employees prepared to answer questions about these worries and trends.
- Work with partners to build your capacity to respond to your California leads. For instance, working with an organization like the American Agents Alliance can help you understand your leads, learn more about insurance marketing, and facilitate connection with leads through tangible support, nurturing warm leads.
Developing insurance marketing strategies can be a challenge, especially during changing times. That’s why the American Agents Alliance has developed programs to help California insurance providers. With our preferred market access program , we’ll help you build your book of business. Contact us today.