Your small insurance business needs to stay in touch with your clients. What is the best way to do this? If you’re looking for a combination of efficiency and effectiveness, connecting with prospective and existing clients through email marketing is the way to go.
Why Email Marketing Works for Small Businesses
Why is email marketing ideal for your small, independent insurance agency?
- It’s cost-effective. As a small business owner, you’re on a limited marketing budget. You can’t take out full-page ads in the local paper every week. What you can do is build your email list.
- You can capture leads who visit your website. You need a way to collect peoples’ contact information so that you can nurture those leads. Email marketing gives you an easy way to do this without a lot of ongoing work on your part.
- It has a high impact on your insurance clients. The more information you can collect about your leads or clients, the better you can use it to target your email marketing and ensure that you are not only sending emails – you’re sending emails that inspire action.
- You can have ongoing contact with your clients without having to target each individual specifically. Email marketing allows you to more easily target specific client personas. With email marketing, you can build your client relationships one email at a time over a long period of time.
- Your emails build your credibility. Through targeted information, you show your clients that you know what you’re doing. Building their trust means that you can more easily build their connection to your business, reducing turnover rates and increasing referrals and your clients’ use of your insurance services.
- You can connect with clients about services or deals that they care about. According to Marketing Sherpa, 91 percent of people like to receive promotional emails from companies just like yours.
Managing Your Email Marketing
Email marketing doesn’t mean that you need to individually amass a large number of emails and customize them according to the information that you have about each client. If you’ve been doing this or if you’ve been using a simple system that doesn’t allow you to customize your content and layouts, it’s time to switch.
With an email marketing system, you can look professional and save time by using email templates. This means that you don’t need to be a whiz at designing layouts, since in email marketing systems like Constant Contact, you can choose from different templates. Your business can achieve a personal touch with a professional look.
A professional email marketing system also gives you insight into how many people click through or ultimately purchase your products based on your emails. You can evaluate the success of your email marketing campaigns, getting more insight into what tone, visuals, layout, and more work for your clients. This gives you many opportunities for improvement and future marketing success.
At American Agents Alliance, we’re committed to helping you connect with your insurance clients. That’s why we’ve partnered with Constant Contact to help your insurance agency retain and grow your client base. Right now you can get a 20% discount off your monthly rate with Constant Contact: sign up today!