Did you know that one of the fastest growing crimes in the United States is identity fraud? The theft of a credit card number, social security number, or any other personal information can spiral into a maze of bureaucracy and present numerous challenges for an individual. Kemper’s Identity Fraud Expense Coverage endorsement (HO 0487) can combat some of these frustrations.
Coverage of up to $15,000 (subject to a $250 deductible) is provided for:
- Costs for notarizing fraud affidavits or similar documents
- Cost of Certified postage sent to law enforcement, financial institutions, and credit agencies
- Reasonable lost income resulting from time taken off work to meet with or talk to law enforcement agencies
- Reasonable lost income resulting from time taken off work to meet with or talk to law
- Loan application fees for re-applying for a loan when the application is rejected solely because the lender received incorrect credit information
- Reasonable attorney’s fees incurred to defend lawsuits brought against the insured and to remove criminal or civil judgments
This coverage is provided automatically up to $50,000 in the Ultimate endorsement and up to $25,000 in the Classic endorsement.
Note: This material is for general information purposes only. All statements are subject to the terms, exclusions and conditions of the applicable policy. Check the actual insurance policy for a complete description of all coverage terms and conditions. Products and services referenced herein are not available in all states or in all of our underwriting companies. Coverage is subject to individual insured’s meeting our underwriting qualifications and to state availability. There’s a Kemper policy, and the peace of mind that comes with it, waiting for your customers right now. Because your customers deserve Kemper.