How can you warm up your leads? Since connecting with warm leads is a more valuable use of your time than calling cold leads, you want warm leads. However, cultivating a feeling of connection can be harder than it looks. Connecting with your leads through referrals enhances your insurance marketing.
The Value of Referrals
Clients who are referred by other clients have some powerful numbers behind them. According to SaaSquatch, people are four times more likely to buy when referred by a friend. They also have a 15% higher customer value over the lifetime of your customer relationship. Referrals lead to more motivated and longer-lasting clients.
Getting Referrals Begins With Delighting Your Current Clients
After seeing those statistics, you might want to implement more referral marketing into your insurance marketing strategies. How do you do this?
The first step in gathering referrals is to provide outstanding service to your existing clients. This makes them more interested in telling friends about your services. Being an outstanding insurance agency means that you:
- Focus on problem-solving when you work individually with clients and in the content that you create for different client groups. Become the solution.
- Leap on problems quickly. Clients have problems now, and they need answers now.
- Build a feeling of connection. Have an individual that your clients feel connected to and can talk to when they have a question.
- Surprise clients with your offers. For instance, offer a free workshop or reach out to them when they have a teen who is starting to drive.
- Always incorporate feedback. Listen to what your insurance clients need.
- Understand that your clients are all unique, and work with them to help them find the specific products that they need.
Using these strategies, you create a base of satisfied clients that will be excited to refer new clients to you.
Ask Your Clients to Give You Referrals
While some referrals happen spontaneously, it’s more effective to ask your current clients to refer new people to your insurance agency. This can feel awkward at first. Here’s how to do it:
- Develop shareable content that your clients will find irresistible and will share with others.
- Use a referral program to reward your existing clients when they refer someone new to your business.
- Create perks for being an existing client such as an exclusive email newsletter with important safety and insurance tips. Ask your clients to encourage others to join the newsletter.
- According to Search Engine Journal, thanking people who give referrals helps inspire others to also give referrals: “publicly thanking the ones who do offer referrals, and reminding the community that their individual success/satisfaction with your company is the ultimate marketing plan, can go a long way.”
- When do your clients feel most satisfied with your business? Ask for a referral at that point. These times might include after a connection on social media or right after they purchase insurance. That way, you encourage them to reach out to others about your business when they’re happy to do so.
- Referred clients are more likely to refer others. Encourage them to do so.
At the American Agents Alliance, we specialize in creating strong networks. Contact us today about joining our insurance network, and learn more about our automated lead nurturing and other programs that will assist you in your insurance marketing.