You need office supplies to run your insurance agency, but sometimes the costs can seem outrageous. Here are a few simple ways to save on the supplies you need and use every day:
- Consider generics. Start with just one item to test for quality and then increase your supply as you become confident of the generic’s performance. If a generic is of poor quality, you’re not saving money – you’re creating headaches.
- Buy bulk. If your office uses certain supplies in large quantities, you could save big by purchasing those items in bulk. And you could save on shipping, too.
- Reuse supplies. Paper clips, clips and binders can all be reused once their initial use is done. This eco-friendly practice also helps keep discarded material out of landfills.
- Be loyal. Ask your supplier if they offer a customer loyalty or other discount program and then sign up.
- Print smart. Most printers offer lower-quality settings for draft documents. Take advantage of those options and save the ink-intensive options for final copies.
- Remember your membership. Members of the American Agents Alliance can save by taking advantage of discounts with our affinity partners: OfficeMax, Lenovo, HP, UPS and Constant Contact. Log in with your username and password and start exploring the many discounts available to you.
Want to learn more? We have lots of tips and advice on our website and on our blog.