Managers and business owners alike know that when it comes to the success of your business, one thing reigns true: you are only as good as your employees. The long and short of it is simple – your employees are the representatives of your agency. These are the people who are talking to clients, making sales, explaining policies.
As the owner of an independent insurance agency, you know how important it is to have the right people on your team. Your goal is to make a personal connection with clients and you sell many of your policies based on that distinguishing factor. However, have you ever thought about what it takes to keep your employees motivated? From the best of the best all the way down to the newest members of your team, you need to be sure they have a high morale and passion for what they do, because, without that, your agency suddenly loses its passion, too!
- Be accessible – Having an open-door policy fosters relationships between employees and management.
- Foster an environment where mistakes are lessons, not catastrophes
- Make time for fun – All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, remember? Encourage events outside of work for getting together, hold monthly employee appreciation lunches, you get the idea.
- Be clear about your agency’s goals and ask for input on how to improve them. With everyone on the same page, it makes checkpoints for success easily executable.
- As a leader, be sure you are always motivated and outwardly projecting that motivation.
- Take time to talk with your employees to learn about what they want. Remember, the happier your employees are, the more productive they are going to be. And productive employees mean a successful insurance agency! So talk to your staff today about how you can continue to create a work environment that promotes high morale.
About the Author: Gillman Insurance was established in 1993 with the idea that insurance doesn’t have to be a frustrating, complicated and expensive process for the consumer. The agency is located in Alpharetta, Georgia.